Nov 24, 2012 posted by: Andrew Koch-WGMD News
A fire in a home’s fireplace got a little out of hand Friday night.
The Indian River Fire Company was called to a home on Cochise Trail in the Indian Summer Village community in Oak Orchard just after 9:30 Friday night. The fire was reported as a structure fire with a possible fire in the chimney. Sparks and debris were reported coming out of the chimney.
The fire was put out, and the logs were removed from the fireplace so they could be examined closer.